2007年8月7日 星期二

Message for GOD'S GOOD LIFE

One thing staying in Oregon excited me very much is being church again. It is so different atmosphere from any religion's activity hold in Taiwan. It always starts with some vocal performances to glorify God. Wilson stand in the middle of the stage to lead the band and others singers. It feel so free,natural, and touched, just like talking to someone who knew you very well, your joy, your sorrow, your proud and your weakness. Every time listening to pastor's words, It seems completed me. No fear, scare, or any though of give it up। I am confidence in myself after each service.
Here are the messages I would like to share with you:
Patience, Persistence, and Peace of Mind -By Pastor Kip Jacob

Part 1: How to develop patience 22nd July 1030-1200
...It is better to be patient than powerful.
...It is better to win control over yourself than over whole cities.
Proverb 16:32(GN)

1. God's part: He provides the circumstances
Four kinds of opportunities
a.Interruptions
b.Inconvenient
c.Irritation
d.Inactive

2.My Part: Responding Positively. How?
a.Discover a biggest perspective- step back a while
b.Develop sense of humor
c.Deepen your love
d.Depend on Jesus power.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part2: How to Avoid Burnout 29th July
....I King 19:1-16 With today's high-stress lifestyle, it's easy to run out of emotional energy. But the problem of BURNOUT is not new.
1. The Consequences of Burnout
a.We depreciate our worth.
b.We underrate our work.
c.We exaggerate our problems.
d.We abdicate our dream.

2.The Cure for Burnout
a.Rest your Body.
b.Release your frustrations.
....Fear, Resentment, Low self-esteem, Anger, Loneliness, Worry...
c.Refocus on God.
d.Resume serving others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3: Persisting in Faith 5th August
...We have around us many people whose lives tell us what faith means. So let us run the race that is before us and never give up. Hebrews12:1


How to finish what you start...when you feel like giving up?
1.Remove any Distraction.
2.Remember the Reward
3.Resist all the Discouragement.


Where do you need to be more persistent?
a.Self evaluation
b.Daily time with God
c.Praying for family
d.Sharing my faith anyone who don't know Jesus
e.Daily Exercise and Healthy Diet
f.Managing my Though
g.Controlling my Temper
h.Trusting God with my Pain and Problems
4.Renew myself daily.


....I have finished the race, I have kept the faith। II Timothy 4:7(NIV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part4:God's Answer for DARK Valleys. 12th August
'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4(NIV)

I. Remember...
1.Valleys are inevitable.
2.Valleys are unpredictable
3.Valleys are impartial
4.Valleys are temporary; as a tunnel, they always have entrances and exits.
5.Valleys are purposeful.

II. What do you do in dark valleys?
1.Reuse to be discouraged. Don't focus on situation, focus on Jesus.
2.Remember that God is with you. Not talking about God, but talking to God.
3.Rely on God's protection and guidance.
Remember....
In fact, a shadow is always bigger than the factor, however, shadow might scare you, could never hurt you.

There is no shadow, without light.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 5 Patience, Persistence, & Peace of Mind- The Path to Personal Peace By Pastor Kip Jacob 19th Aug. 2007

(Jesus)”I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give in’t fragle like he peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14: 27(LB)
3 Sources of Tension
When circumstances are uncontrollable.
When people are unchangeable.
When problem are unplanable.
The Path to Personal Peace
1. Accept what can’t be changed.
“I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.
I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens…
I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me Strength.” Philippians 4:11-13(NCV).
“I have learned that everything has limits…Psalm 119:96(GN).
2. Allow God to set pace of our lives.
3. Trust in God’s loving care.

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things rightif I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

2 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Dearest Funger,

It's so nice to talk to you again. I can always get the message of wisdom and positive power every time I talk with you or read your message.

Hope you can enjoy your trip in Oregan more!!

Love,
Yvonne

iamfunger 提到...

Dearest Yvonne:

You are such specil friend of mine.
Thanks God brought you to me, and I believe God has special assignment for your future. Just remember, God has never left you behind.